Translate

Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Funding in the Philippines

The Philippines was hit by Typhoon Yolanda last year in November, causing widespread devastation and killing 6 201 people. It was the worst typhoon the Philippines has ever experienced.
I was very eager to help somehow, so I contacted my Filipino friend Annabeth, who lives here in Korea. She knew someone living in the affected area. She also knew a pastor living and doing community work there, so we all donated some money through Annabeth, to send over to them. I am very weary of just handing money over to charities, because let's face it...do we ever really know what is being done with our money?

So it was really heart-warming to receive these photos from Annabeth's friend today. They have acquired some materials to start rebuilding their homes and businesses.
What I wish now, is that I could pop over to physically help with the building! If only...






1 comment:

  1. Well done Tess! Random acts of kindness ... love. x

    ReplyDelete

Doodle here